Foods can keep you healthy!
We are what we eat. Everything we eat affects us, our mood, our blood sugar, our blood pressure, our ability to focus, our cholesterol, our mood, our activity, our lifestyle, our world… everything.
Therefore it is highly important to eat healthy foods. The industry makes us believe that we were supposed to eat carbohydrates every day, but we should avoid that. Eating only pasta, pizza and burgers will get you fat and sad. That’s a fact not a threat.
Evolution made us eat veggies, nuts, cereals, fruits and raw foods. Do you really think your body can adopt so quickly to your eating habits although it took thousands of years to get used to the foods that are available in our natural environment?
Top 10 Healthy Foods
Listed below is the top ten healthy food list that you should consume as much as possible to maintain a healthy lifestyle:
1. Green vegetables- cabbage, spinach, cauliflower and other green vegetables are important elements needed for a healthy body. They are enriched in minerals and vitamins. If you’re having vegetables daily then there is no need for you to take any other form of vitamins. They also help in prevention of stomach problems, heart diseases, various cancers and diabetes.
2. Fish – fish that contains fat is extremely good for us like salmon, sardines and mackerel. These fishes have omega-3 which maintains our heart and cholesterol in our body.
3. Tomatoes- tomatoes contain lycopene which keeps our cells strong. If you do not like raw tomatoes you can always switch to ketchup and tomato juice.
4. Citrus fruits – citrus fruits like calamansi, oranges and lemons have Vitamin C in them which save us from arthritis, cold and asthma.
5. Carrots: carrots contain Vitamin A. Vitamin A is essential to have a good eye- sight. If you are trying to lose weight then you should definitely put carrots in your diet chart as it can control your fat to a great level.
6. Bananas – banana is the healthiest fruit. It is the ultimate cure for stomach problems like stomach cramps and diarrhea. It is also an energy booster, if you feel you lack energy then you should have a banana before starting your work and then see the difference.
7. Dairy products: dairy products like cheese, milk and yogurt are to be consumed daily. They have fats, carbohydrates and calcium – almost everything that your body demands. If you are on a diet then go for diet milk and low fat cheese or yogurt.
8. Garlic- garlic reduces cholesterol.
9. Apple- an apple a day can really keep the doctor away, it has piles of vitamin c in it to keep you active and fresh all day long.
10. Water- water is most essential. It stops stomach acids and UTI from growing. Consumption of eight glasses daily will give you a glowing skin.
Foods On Wikipedia
Food is any substance, usually composed of carbohydrates, fats, proteins and water, that can be eaten or drunk by an animal, including humans, for nutrition or pleasure. Items considered food may be sourced from plants, animals or other categories such as fungus or fermented products like alcohol.
Although many human cultures sought food items through hunting and gathering, today most cultures use farming, ranching, and fishing, with hunting, foraging and other methods of a local nature included but playing a minor role.
Most traditions have a recognizable cuisine, a specific set of cooking traditions, preferences, and practices, the study of which is known as gastronomy. Many cultures have diversified their foods by means of preparation, cooking methods and manufacturing. This also includes a complex food trade which helps the cultures to economically survive by-way-of food, not just by consumption.
Many cultures study the dietary analysis of food habits. While humans are omnivores, religion and social constructs such as morality often affect which foods they will consume. Food safety is also a concern with foodborne illness claiming many lives each year. In many languages, food is often used metaphorically or figuratively, as in “food for thought”.
Want to eat healthy but you are on a low budget? Watch this: